Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Low Key

The street is alive this week. We're all on a spring break STAYcation, and the kids are having fun being kids. I've had a little trouble moving around in the past couple of days, and the doctor's office has instructed me to stay put. So I parked myself with my camera in the middle of the daily commotion, and thankfully, I am feeling much better today. 


The kids have had a fun time looking for things to do together outside. The days have been filled with things like scavenger hunts turned into easter egg hunts, power wheels cars, and water balloons. They even tested out the pool once or twice... I hear it was cold...


Beckham gave Coco a ride in the jeep - she didn't love LOVE it. 


The scavenger hunt was a hit that didn't last as long as we list-makers had hoped... Beckham was proud of the leaf he found.


The hunt is on...


Right as the kids are saying that they can't find ANY ladybugs, one lands on a nearby knee... 


We had a few items in the hunt that required a photo. This is the photo of a tree-hugger... 


Here is the one of friends drawn in chalk...




Okay, I have to tell this one last story. We have a collection of random bathtub toys. I really like that they aren't a set, just a hodgepodge of random waterproof items that have ended up in a box. Bathroom creativity is a high point of our nights. So the other night, B was in the tub, and he realized that there were two Cinderellas. 



I picked up the smaller one and began to talk to the other, like me, being a girl, would handle the presence of two Cinderellas... Beckham thought that was funny, so he took the smaller and said, "Hello, Rella... Hello, Rella..." Then he, being a boy, proceeded to let the smaller Rella pound on the bigger. Like, both Cinderellas fought each other on the side of my tub. I sat watching in complete shock. I thought, "Man, Boys really do just get here this way..."

No comments: