Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rockstar Mom Day with only a little poo.

Today I was the mom that I wanted to be last semester when I was overloaded with the tail-end of grad school. I ran my errands and picked the kids up early for a surprise. My mom did that sometimes - once, she checked my sister and I out of school early to go to the movies - I thought she was a rock star... So, even though it was only checking them out of 4 year old preschool and mother's morning out 15 minutes early, I took them to craft day at their favorite toy store and then lunch at JB's fav, "the place with the purple couches" (Sweet Peppers), and finished it off with a quick stop at the "castle park."


One of my favorite moments of the outing was JB telling me she would never go across the super-scary swinging bridge. I told her that I bet Beckham would... So she goes to get him, tells him she wants to show him something really really cool, and he runs over to it and scoots on his bum across it. She follows right behind him.

I thought it was sweet.
After the swinging bridge, we went into the little church part of the castle park. I started noticing a strange stink, but I chalked it up to my super-hero-strength pregnancy sense of smell. We left and went to  the swings.

That's when I noticed it. All over the back of JB's dress. You know where this is going. It was big messy poo. Not any of ours... Oh it was so gross. I took them back to the car and gave JB one of my shirts that I had on. The most stressful part for her was that someone in the abandoned parking lot would see her from miles away. It took some serious clothes-changing strategizing talent to get the poo dress off, new shirt on while not getting in the car but keeping completely covered the entire time. She giggled all the way home.

The afternoon was filled with playtime in the yard with friends and cousins.


And mudpies :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that you're blogging!! I love seeing my little niece and nephew.