Thursday, March 1, 2012

The stops in a go, go, go week

The week has been a pleasant whirlwind. I enjoy a healthy level of busyness, and it was fun to have a full week, full of moments that made me stop and notice. Moments like this one:


I always thought it would be cute to have a little Brad running around the house. Cute does not even BEGIN to describe. I really can't get over it sometimes. This is what happens every morning. Beckham comes up to Brad's side of the bed, climbs up, and begins his list of demands: covers, pillow, cup of juice, and mickey mouse on tv. After a few minutes of Brad telling him he will get up to get his juice in 5 more minutes, Beckham wears him down and gets him up. That's when they move to the family room, and it looks like this:


We went to the park armed with a picnic and a camera this week. 

Isn't it amazing when you catch raw kid happiness in a picture? It tugs at my heart, and I love that they remind me to let go and let yourself enjoy some small things.


We did have a small injury this week. JB has grown to eye-level with the kitchen counters... and they had a small collision. The granite won, and Jane Bradley has a good shiner on her right eye...


Jane Bradley is such a mama. She puts Beckham in the swing, makes him buckle up, and pushes him until he screams at her to "Let Me Go!!" He doesn't always think he needs a mama's help - by either one. 



More re-creating old memories of mine... Mom, me, and sisters used to sing in the car alot. Jane Bradley has a CD of her own in the car where I burned her favorite songs. Her favorites are Baby (Justin Beiber), Soul Sister (Train), and Livin on a Prayer (Bon Jovi). We roll down the windows in our neighborhood, crank it up, and belt it out. (PS - the photos were snapped while stopped, Of Course!)


I picked up some Lightnin' McQueen cookies at the store, and I let the kids make them together. It is so fun to let Jane Bradley enjoy teaching Beckham something, and it is equally fun to let Beckham attempt to do it his own way even though she begs him to do it right. 



Jane Bradley would put the cookies on the tray, Beckham would take them off. Finally, she tried to guide his hand and show him where to put them. I love how close they are - it is just sweet, sweet. 


My mom used to make big suppers. She would make it have a meat, a couple of vegetables- at least one green and one starch- maybe a fruit, and a bread. It was a spread for sure. Every now and then the bread would be my favorite, muffins. They weren't a normal dinner food, and I think she said that most of the time it turned out to be the only type that was in the cabinet that day. I loved them. Although I don't make quite that much food at this point each night - it will probably change when I have a teenaged boy in the house - every now and then I try to make muffins. They found them in the oven tonight... there was some serious middle-of-the-kitchen cheering, and it made me happy to make dinner.

After dinner, JB was asking about dessert, and Brad unveiled the big surprise of the night... DQ Blizzards... For Real, hero of the day. I have craved heath bar blizzards for the past 22 weeks, and I don't think I would have been happier with diamonds. And it was a total surprise - He had run through on the way home from work, and put them in the outside freezer before he came in the door. Man, I think I smiled the whole way through dessert. So did the kids...



I hope your weekend makes you as happy as a surprise Blizzard.


Or maybe a heart-shaped blueberry muffin at dinner :)


No comments: