Thursday, September 20, 2012

the beach is my happy place.

The older I get, the more I crave the beach. Not the actual ocean, but the whole package - the air, the slow pace, the views, and the fact that I leave any sort of agenda behind at the state line. We took the kids twice this summer, which I would say is pretty good considering we had a 4 week old and then a 10 week old both times. We didn't get so much sleep the first time, but we did have Nanny around which helped me make up some of that. Thanks Nanny! It's also a rule that since Brad is up with the sun on days that he doesn't work, I get to sleep as late as I want at the beach. Hence the basis for the happy place status in the title of this blog... 

One great thing was that Beckham moved up to the big king bed with JB, which makes him much more portable. We have a baby crib in our closet at the condo, so Brooke took that spot. 

Here are a few moments I loved in the mid-July beach trip:


First of all, if you know my dad, then you know that he is Mr. Fix-it. Well, at the beach he commented that Beckham's hair was really wild one morning, and he thought he would try to calm it down. So he sat Beckham on the counter next to the sink and slicked back his hair.. Beckham, of course, thought this was hilarious.


Dad was super proud of his work, and Beckham looked like a red-headed Danny Zuko. For about 10 seconds. Then it curled back into the normal wild and crazy curls that we all love. And then we laughed at dad for trying...


And then we laughed at Beckham just because he's Beckham. 


We saw people parasailing outside our balcony this trip. I took a picture of it because it reminded me of something on my bucket list.

Don't ask me why, but I REALLY want to be in a hot-air balloon in the sky with a whole bunch of other balloons...Like this... I think it would be awesome (If you ever hear of a way for me to make that happen, you let me know!)
Photo of the Great Mississippi River Balloon Race
 Most of the trip was spent at the beach. Then at the pool. Then back to the beach. Over and over again. And the biggest kid on that beach was Brad. 



 He still plays in the ocean and in the sand like he's 10 years old... so fun!





Beckham caught up with a little baking also while on the beach...


In case you didn't know this is his "grill/oven." I love a little 2-year-old creativity!


Last, I just had to post this... On the left is Brad and JB (4wks). Right is Brad and Brooke (4 wks). Isn't this so cute?


No comments: