Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fair 2012

It seems that when it comes to the fair, you either love it or you hate it. I hear some parents say they'll pay their kids not to go, while other parents have visions of funnel cakes and saltwater taffy dancing in their heads in early October each year. I have to say that I'm a member of the latter group. Fair? LOVE. 

We went the other day (left Baby Brooke at home... even though I love it,  the fair is way too gross for a baby if I can help it). The kids had a blast! We rode rides - only the kiddie ones for us at this point - stopped by the petting zoo, bobbed for duckies, ran through the fun house, and got faces painted. Here's the story...

View from the Kiddie Ferris Wheel
Here's the boys walking in. It was especially fun this year because Beckham doesn't remember going last year (he's only 2). He's always looking for fun, and this looked like a goldmine...
My boys heading into the fair.
We started out with the bumble bees. Beckham wouldn't stop raising the bar before they took off, and I thought JB was going to have a panic attack... She likes her bee-mobiles to be completely secure... Beckham, of course, is always looking for a thrill...

Motorcycles - you can see Beckham in the back of this shot...

Inside the twirly bears

Beckham Earnheart Jr.

Screaming "Giddy up!" on the carousel
Get out your waving hand Beckham! Here comes Daddy!


Little Trucker
 One thing that made me nervous is the combination of these rides and Beckham's stomach. When we got to this ride, I ran to get myself an armband because I was nervous that he was going to vomit all over the ride. Not that I knew exactly what I was going to do if he vomited all over me in the middle of it. 



Brad is always the fun parent. I usually go back and forth from side-of-the-pool-observer to fun. The fair brings the fun parent out of me... 

Jane Bradley wanted to ride in the front of the dragon
Beckham wanted to go into the fun house. Jane Bradley was so nervous we were going to get lost and never come out. B and I drug her in with us anyway, and she chilled out once we got through the mirror maze.





The loved the silly mirrors...





On the balcony in the funhouse
The funhouse only has one exit. It happens to be a twisty blue slide. I found that out after I went in there. Well, might as well make the most of it...

Nanny and Granddaddy came along with us, and Nanny treated JB and B to some lucky ducks...



Everybody's a winner! Pick up 2 ducks for $5 and win a stuffed animal that costs them half a penny... The kids loved it!

Beckham chose a light-saber... Shocker :)
Petting zoo was one of my favorites - as always!

Shout out to the face painters at the fair! They were the best I've seen! And super fast! 
The Batman and the Unicorn enjoyed it as well..





Playing in the Children's Barnyard
I took the opportunity to teach the kiddos how to have fun on a roller coaster...Yes,  I realize that I was in a giant caterpillar head. 




See ya next year, 2013 State Fair! 2012 was a blast!


No comments: