Monday, May 13, 2013

Color Me Rad 2013

I heard about the color races a couple of years ago, and always wanted to try one. So this year, Janie and I scrounged up some tickets and decided to give it a try. Let me just say - YOU HAVE TO DO THIS NEXT YEAR!!  

It was one of the most fun things I've done in a long time. The race is not even a real race... as in, they don't time you. The only reason why you have numbers is so that you can look up the photos they take of you online. And you can turn around at any point! So if you want to take your kids, you don't have to go the whole 5K if they can't make it. Or you can push a stroller. I saw tons of kids, strollers, walkers, runners, didn't matter - it was all for fun!

I am taking all of us next year - it was fantastic. 

I had to go get our packets early, and here is the truck... I thought it was cool.


I got pretty into it, and I didn't want to be left out, so I bought us a whole pile of stuff - yes those are knee-high socks and headbands...  Lots of people ran in crazy clothes and huge tutus - all sorts of stuff.. They give everyone sunglasses, which is great for the color dust that they throw. But the dust is not so bad - I was prepared for it to get in my nose, mouth, and eyes, but it didn't - it was really no big deal - only fun...


The people on the side toss colored cornstarch on you clothes as you pass through all of the color zones - here's the pink one. 


Here's a shot of the race - see how the people on the right are going and those on the left are coming back? Really, anyone could turn around at any point. All you would miss is a couple of color zones...


Look who surprised me at the finish line!! JB was all about getting some color on herself... Beckham thought it was just plain weird. he wasn't about to touch the stuff...


Here's our before & after shot!! We got pretty messy!! See you there next year!!




No comments: