Friday, December 7, 2012

Kickin off the Holiday Spree with Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite times - not only is it one of those fun random holiday days that I've posted about before - it comes with COSTUMES! Seriously one of my top five favorite things in the entire world. We celebrate Halloween as a silly day with pumpkins, costumes, and candy - nothing spooky here. Here's the story of the Madden Pumpkins:

First, some love taking gooey guts out of a pumpkin...


Did you know that it's not a great idea to cut the hole for the top too small? If you do, and you try to make it bigger so you can get your big man hand in there, the top won't fit later... Yep. learned that one this year....



It was a family event for sure... 

My job is to carve the faces. Brad does guts and tops... Its a great system!




I guess it's appropriate that JB's pumpkin is missing a tooth.. So is she!


These two love to light them up! Now if only I could remember to throw them away before I need an entire HAZMAT suit to pick them up... Maybe next year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog & cute kiddos! I'm glad you are posting more! But I can imagine how busy you are!