Thursday, April 19, 2012

lazy, crazy fun

T-Ball games are 3 innings long. So the rest of Saturday afternoon and weekend we spent hanging out at home, which I love. I've had this $5 Buzz Lightyear Slip-n-Slide in a box since last summer, so we pulled it out. I thought B was going to go nuts about it, which he did, until we plugged in the hose, and it started spraying water. 

He was a little confused about why we would want anything that did that...


Jane Bradley showed him the ropes, and he kept saying, "I get wet too??" I would say, "You don't have to, but you can if you want to." Then he said over and over, "Get wet... Don't have to... Want to!" 





Of course, he thoroughly inspected it first...


They had a blast, got wet, and it held their attention for a good 25 minutes :)

* * * * *

Sometimes the smallest things become special. This red-headed woodpecker has visited our backyard every summer since we built our house. I'm glad we never took our all of our trees, if for no other reason than we get to see this guy...


After the slip-n-slide, the village pulled out the kites and gave them a run. Didn't last long, but it sure made it feel like spring!


* * * * *
Yes, you can... When my kids ask to do crazy things, I usually try to figure out how I can say those words. So many times I want to say no just because something's going to make a big mess. Does it really matter? Well, this time a mess was ok. 


Yes. You can paint yourselves purple with chalk paint...











 I hope you get to do something crazy fun this weekend :)

No comments: