Thursday, April 26, 2012

please excuse my pregnant brain...

I've skipped some posts, and I was thinking I had a good reason, but now that I am sitting here typing, I can't quite remember what that was. I can claim pregnant brain (the forgetfulness that happens all the time and makes you walk into a room and forget what it was that made you come there), but it was probably more like pregnancy-i-am-ready-to-check-out-because-i'm-so-tired-and-it's-only-2:30 - alot of that last week. I'm guessing that this baby's ridiculous growth spurt has something to do with it.. I'm afraid this is gonna be a big one, folks...     


Good news! We are finally at the big 3-0! Only 9 weeks left 'till the day! We've scheduled a section for June 26, and I'm starting to feel like I am soooo not ready. But I have a fierce to-do list, and I'm tackling it like a champ....


*****
Gray days. We had some last week, and it's a gray day that makes me pull out all of my tricks to bring in come cheery color. I usually make sure I wear bright colors on rainy days, and I bought hot pink rain boots that seem to make the sun come out every time I wear them. The trick is, I wear the boots, it will get hot, and I will have to take them off. Happens every time. 


I also make sure that kids have rain and snow gear that fit, just in case we have an opportunity for some fun in either... The rain stopped for about 15 minutes, and they ran out for some air.  








Sometimes Jane Bradley will resist my begging for a big smile. I snap away anyway...

This guy usually doesn't... unless you take away his umbrella because
he is standing inside of it. Then he gets upset... See the following:


Then he will tell you that he is sorry and he will hold it high in the air....
And you won't be able to resist the smile, so you believe his promise and give it back....

*****

Jane Bradley wore a hat that sings, "Shout" very loudly... It inspired a performance, where we all had to come to her room and take a seat and watch her jump around and dance to her antler-clapping hat....


Beckham was very willing to take a front row seat for the show...

The dancing included pom-poms...

Then she helped Beckham create his own show which we were asked to come watch...
However, it was more like a wrestling match...
* * * * * 


Brad has been very handy lately... My guy who usually gladly hands over his power-tools to someone who enjoys them, grabbed a power washer, sander, some stain, and a little elbow grease and went to work on our deck...


The kids were a very excited audience... It turned out perfect! (These are before pictures.. I will post some afters later.) I am really into fixing things around my house these days - I think it's my latest version of nesting...



Last but not least... I couldn't find B in the house the other day. I called and called and walked around until suddenly I noticed the faint noises of a kid's cellphone game. That's when I noticed this...



I'm writing this from the couch on vacation in Florida, and the waves are calling my name... One of top ten favorite things is to walk on the beach early in the morning after the night has reset it all. More to come!

No comments: