Tuesday, April 3, 2012

soak it up

I love quiet weekends. I love it when we get to just hang around together and make our own fun. It's simple family time, and it's really important to me... This weekend was one for the books... 


On Friday, Jane Bradley came home with a new fireman's hat. You can guess who claimed it.




Friday afternoon consisted of playing outside, but first a good round of "horsey went to town" knee-bouncing with Mrs. Raya.


Saturday morning started off just right... with chocolate chip pancakes...



Followed by some running around in mom's shoes and wearing packing tape bracelets...


Then we wandered down the street to visit with friends, and the kids saw the pool. It was cold, but for some reason, kids don't seem to care about this. I need it to be pushing 90 degrees before I like to stick my toe in... 



Even though she didn't want to admit it, this one thought it was a little chilly...




Saturday afternoon we made something special (next post), and followed it up with fun in the sand. 


Sunday was Big Daddy's birthday party, and the Maddens all came over to celebrate. While Brad grilled, Beckham took advantage of Big Daddy's lap and reading skills...


After a calm weekend, T-ball practice was rained out on Sunday. I didn't mind. It let us have one more night of uninterrupted time together, which I've come to realize will become much harder to come by in the future with sports and extra-curriculars. So, I'm trying to soak it up... Brad took JB to look at the rain after dinner. I don't know what they talked about, but you can't put a price on moments like these.








No comments: