Monday, March 11, 2013

Where did my baby boy go?

The night before a birthday is always a bit hectic, which is a plus, I guess, because the day before is usually a little bit sad. My 2 year old got older, and now he's 3. And that's one step closer to 4, which is practically full grown. Might as well start prepping for college at the rate we're going. 

Seriously, most of the time growing up I felt like I could not get this train to go fast enough. Once I got to my twenties, I thought the speed was quite perfect. The real world moves faster, and I was loving it. Now, I'm like, "Man, how can I slow this thing down just long enough to take it all in?" The little years feel like you barely blink and you've missed it. 

Time-in. So, anyway, Beckham turned 3. And he's running around now telling us all that he's faster than Flash and stronger than Daddy. (To which Brad is very quick to demonstrate evidence to the contrary :)


My kids may never appreciate it, but I always spend the night before a birthday or gift-holiday making the presentation exciting. I arrange the gifts where they will see them right when they wake up and usually add a big balloon. This year, Beckham got a Hot-wheels Jeep and LOVED it.



Here he is opening his talking Hulk.


And sweet Jane Bradley drew him a picture of Superman


We had Beckham's birthday party at the Bounce Palace. Definitely taught me a lesson - I will not be sad to NOT have a home-party again. It was just too easy. Enter. Jump. Cake. Mess that I don't have to clean up. Haul presents home. Then end. 2 hours - Done. Kids loved it, and I didn't have to be the clean up crew. Win-Win.



Kroger hooked me up with some superhero cupcake rings...



Fire is hypnotizing apparently...




Grandaddy at the party
More Blue!!
Group Shot of the Party Pals 

Lots of fun! And more to come!


No comments: