Friday, March 15, 2013

Wrong.

So. Every year our street has a Christmas party. And one of my top five favorite things in life is a great game of Dirty Santa. And I like to play with good gifts. And sometimes I love a good gag gift. And it's even better when the two converge... 

I'm not much of a practical jokester. I'm more of a keep a straight face to tell a joke and see if you believe me kind of girl... I do have a few people on whom I do enjoy pulling off a good practical joke, but mostly, I end up over thinking it, and by the time it's go-time, I chicken out because I'm afraid I'm the only one who will find it funny. Mental note: Lighten up, Lacey.... 

So we have a good game of Dirty Santa every year, and this year I got adventurous. It really couldn't have gone any better, actually, because the PERFECT person picked my gift... Literally, I was almost crying laughing before they even tore off the wrapper, and I was looking pretty goofy laughing at my own joke. But seriously, Who wouldn't? 

First, I took a diaper....(no shortage around here) and pulled out a big chocolate jello pudding snack. You see where I'm going with this. I wrapped up come cash in some plastic wrap and placed it in the diaper and poured the pudding on top. Then I wrapped it up as usual, stuck it inside a plastic bag just like I usually do when I throw away a stinky one, and I wrapped it up. On the outside, I wrote, "How far will you go for the cash?" Ha!! Then I wrapped the box in the most boutique-ish wrapping, of course, so it looks like one of the good ones... 

Of course, my neighbor who hasn't had kids in diapers in 20 years (and probably didn't change them when he did :) ha!) picked it. So he was extra grossed out poking through that pudding.. And then someone stole his gift after he went through all that to get it out... So funny!! 


Wrong, but so funny.

No comments: