Monday, February 6, 2012

2011

2011 was sweet and exciting. We started off in January with a trip to The Happiest Place on Earth with a 4 1/2 year old and a 13 month old, my parents, and my sister, aunt Jay-Jay.


The decision to go came after we realized that if there was still this much magic around an elf that flies around our house every night after returning from the north pole, there would be some serious magic when meeting JB's life-long heroes.
The thing I noticed first in this picture was the hair. Mine was still long, and Beckham still had none.
I think the thing I want to remember most about this trip was telling Jane Bradley that we were going. After dinner at my parent's (nanny and grandaddy) house, the phone rang. Over the speakerphone, we heard Cinderella ask to speak to Jane Bradley. Stunned beyond belief, Jane Bradley eeked out a hello. Cinderella asked if JB had received the package she sent, and she said she had not. Cinderella told her she was sure the coach had dropped it off by now, and would Jane Bradley kindly check her front doorstep. Jane Bradley ran a 20 yard sprint to the door, and found a large beautiful box with a scripted tag with her name. She ripped into it like her life depended on it, and pulled out the dress, petticoat, gloves, and accessories in the photo above. Cinderella asked if she would wear the dress to dinner with her and her friends at her house? Jane Bradley, still in a fog and a little confused, told her yes. Cinderella told her that she lives in the large castle in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World, and she would need to take a plane to get there. Jane Bradley's saucer eyes looked at us for permission, and with giddy smiles that made our faces hurt, we said yes. I got a little bit teary. Cinderella thanked her, and she hung up the phone. Of course, the next while was filled with dressing up in the gown and staring at herself in nanny's big mirrors. It was priceless.

Starstruck




Another one of my favorite moments was when Jane Bradley gathered all of her courage and whispered in Ariel's ear, "You are my favorite princess." I knew how big a moment this was for her, and Ariel gave her the biggest hug. The night at the castle was complete. We spent the rest of the week chasing down the other princesses for autographs. We loved watching Jane Bradley's thrill of meeting them all, and I also look forward to the next trip when we will have a some other type of mission that doesn't involve standing in line for hours to talk to a Disney character. At the rate we're going, we'll be in those lines for a while. 


The summer took us to our 2nd trip to Sandestin for a conference and fun with friends. 


The Grand, SanDestin, FL









2011 also happened to be the 30th anniversary of 1981... which meant that I had to turn 30. Since I had been planning to have a blowout 30th birthday party for the last 10 years, my mom and Brad planned me an awesome, nautical-themed party at my parents' new house on a lake. It was so much fun!
hypnotic/champagne cocktail table outside the front entrance - have a drink and come on in!

Nautical food table 
My mom repainted these lighthouses for the table centerpieces - they were gorgeous!

Janie made me 5 birthday cakes! 

Me and Megan


Dancing by the lake to the music of Shane and Frazier - awesome band!


The end of the summer brought the most rigorous semester of grad school yet. It was my last, thankfully, and now I have a masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy - something I had to plug away at over 3 and a half years, through pregnancy and small babies. I will say, getting this degree feels like one of my greatest accomplishments I've had thus far. 


I brought Jane Bradley to my graduation ceremony because I wanted her to know that no matter what, no matter how hard some things look, or how long they take, or how many baby steps it takes, even if she is a mom with small babies... She can still go after her goals.


December was a crowded month. I had finals, graduation, Christmas shopping, holiday parties, and birthdays. Beckham had a Disney Cars birthday party since Lightning McQueen is the superstar of the time being. Nothing huge, just some neighbors and family, but he enjoyed it.


Birthday morning


Pinata time!
Right after birthdays, we're on to Christmas, and we're out of the year in a blur.

Mickey the elf wrapped our tree in ribbon

Santa visited our house on Christmas eve - Kids were mesmerized!

Christmas Eve night, Brad caught Santa on video taking Mickey back to the North Pole

Also caught him putting out the Christmas gifts!

Opening gifts with the family - Forgot to mention that we spent a little time in the ER right before Christmas... B got his finger slammed in a closet door and had to have it stitched up... 

Opening Christmas gifts at Nanny's house
 Lots of new things to come in 2012! Stay tuned!

No comments: