Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Love LOVE...

I'm am love LOVING finding little moments in the day to decide to keep forever. Love LOVE is what we say when we love something more than chocolate or gummy bears or fancy shoes. Jane Bradley loves to ask me, "... but mom, do you love LOVE it?" And at night, when I remind her again that I love her, I often add about 50 other loves after the first one. Just so she knows, you know, it's some SERIOUS love I've got goin' on. She loves it and shows me that Madden Happy smile like the one on the header right now. And I'm a little addicted to that smile...


One of those moments happened at dinner last night. First of all, I am on a fabulous roll with my organizing. My newly organized pantry, I'm convinced, would break the repin record on Pinterest. Or maybe, it's just that it was so bad before that now it just looks awesome comparatively. I don't really care - it's a check off the bucket list. 


One of the organizing decisions was to burn the candles I've been saving for the future to burn. So I've decided that now is the future. Jane Bradley asks me every time I light a candle if she can blow it out. I usually say sure, but not until after dinner, and after dinner yesterday, Brad got involved and they all had fun blowing. I grabbed my camera because this was a minute that I wanted to keep.




On my cul de sac, we talk all the time about the truth in the phrase, "It takes a village to raise a child." I will just say that I have won the neighborhood lottery... I love that I am surrounded on all sides by parents who are very involved in raising their children and looking out for mine. It's a comfortable place to be. Most afternoons everyone is outside watching the kids play and catching up on the activities of lately. I want to keep these days... There will be a day in the future where they will move on, they won't need us outside to referee or pitch baseballs or keep them out of the street. They will all be piled up in a vehicle driving around or hanging out in someone's gameroom... Maybe at that time the parents on the street should form a prayer group instead of a supervising group...






Look at Brad's hands...

Look at Beckham's... Man, seriously... he is so cute... I know I'm biased :)




Oh yeah. Did you notice JB's lips? This is not the result of a pink popsicle. She went to the dentist today, and the highlight of the trip, as it is every time, is choosing a prize off of the prize wall. I could see this coming from across the room. Jane Bradley runs over to the prize wall, and her eyes get a little wider, and she looks sideways a couple of times, and then asks the hygienist, "What are those?" The hygienist says, "Oh, that's mood lipstick. It changes colors with your mood!" JB looked at the lipstick like she had just discovered a genuine diamond in a Cubic Zirconia thrift shop. She picked it up, turned around to me, and squealed like she couldn't contain herself. My eyes were also wide... I really wasn't sure what this stuff was going to do, or if I had any control over this at all... 


Two seconds out the door, and she had attempted to put it on blind. The stuff was all over her face like a clown who's been working all day... I just let her wear it. We went for our usual after-dentist ice-cream plus mood-changing lipstick. Every few seconds she asked, "What color is it now? How about now? What color is it now?" It wouldn't come off with makeup remover before we went out to dinner tonight, but luckily, it did come off in the tub afterwards.



Another sweet moment in the village was this one - mom comes home from work and little legs can't run fast enough... 



Let's just say that I think my fortune cookie has been reading my blog...





No comments: