Thursday, February 16, 2012

Start your weekend smilin'

We had a fun time with some happy meal cut-outs this week...


The craziest part is that we bought Christmas gifts that the kids didn't play with this long. 


JB and Adriana


We met up with our great friends Pilar, Adriana, and Nico at McD's, and even the moms got into some smiley action...


My friend, Pilar



Our favorite McD's has a huge playroom with tables inside so you can sit, eat, and watch kids... and it doesn't smell like feet. Win, Win. Beckham, being the clown that he is, thought it would be funny to do this:


Then it took one of the kids on the inside pulling and both moms underneath pushing to get him out since he just dangled there and laughed. 

I discovered that gigantic, parade-float balloons don't last that long at my house. Beckham thought it looked like more fun to wrestle the giant puppy than to stand, point, ooh, and aah. So he did.



And he won. One down, didn't take long. I don't have evidence of how the gigantic heart balloon lost the fight, but I'm guessing that since I found it on the floor deflated that it suffered the same fate...

I love it when I get the chance to pass down a memory and help make a new one. My mom had a way of bringing our attention to great things that we might have otherwise overlooked. One of my favorites was how she would bring clothes or towels fresh out of the dryer and yell for us to come quick because our towels were toasty warm. 

The thought still brings back that cozy, curled-up-in-a-blanket-in-front-of-a-fire-with-a-cup-of-hot-chocolate comfortable feeling. So, when I ran to grab after-bath towels, I realized they were, in fact, toasty warm. I was so excited to snatch the kids both out of the tub and wrap them up. When they realized how great the toasty warm feels, Jane Bradley said, "I wish I could stay in here forever." 

I hope your weekend makes you as happy as a towel straight out of the dryer...






Have a fantastic weekend!

I made Brad eggs and bacon for breakfast, and I realized that if I just turned the plate, this would happen :)
I just couldn't resist.

No comments: