Friday, February 10, 2012

Real Simple...

This week was simple. I'm learning to appreciate simple. I have always preferred things that are HUGE, extra fancy, triple-scooped, or biggie sized. More is more. As I work to declutter, pare down, and zoom in, I've noticed so many little things that I would normally just blow past. 

I took the kids out of the house last weekend for donuts, errands, and library books so Brad could study for a big test he has coming up in April. Big, as in everything he's learned in the last 15 years is fair game. He helped me so much as I busted it trying to study for all of my stuff, so my answer lately has been, "Sure! Whatever you need..." 

One of my top favorite things in life is Krispy Kreme. It just is. I usually end up eating that one too many, and my love becomes a little painful. 

I hope your weekend makes you this happy...
This happy would also be a great goal...
This cupcake was the end of a stand-off Beckham and I had at a Superbowl party. He wouldn't eat his dinner, and only wanted a cupcake. He begged to every person at the party with big charming eyes and 1000 watt smiles. But I intercepted each with stealthy mom-eye-darts. After about an hour, he ate his chicken. The cupcake was even more exciting at that point...

We enjoyed the only slightly chilly February weather, and I noticed small playtime conversations. These are those simple things I was talking about...


Even getting the mail was something that grabbed my attention. Jane Bradley had almost wrapped herself into a pretzel trying to reach the mailbox...
Little brother came to the rescue, and they worked together to get the job done. They were super proud of themselves...
Last night, we had a little extra time for some after-dinner dancing...




Wishing everyone a very simple weekend!

No comments: