Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nancy pulls awesomeness out of her hat.

So I've really been trying to reconnect with some friends that I wasn't able to spend so much time with in the last year. My friend Nancy was very high on that list, and last week, we made plans to get ourselves and our kids together. It works out great since she has a girl and a boy exactly the same age as my two, with one in between. There was no school Thursday or Friday, and I wanted to make at least one of those really-fun-out-of-the-ordinary days, but I was at a loss of ideas, the museums were swamped, and it was raining buckets. Leave it to Nancy to pull a miracle out of her hat. She followed a lead that took us to Kids Rock in Pearl. They weren't officially open yet, but they were willing to let us come play. It was a huge play room with large inflatables, and we had them all to ourselves. This one earns me a cool mom badge for sure... Thanks Nancy!
Gigantic inflatable slide - the group favorite

thats the smile I love

Sweet friends

Such a clown!

Who doesn't want to play with a giant hammer?

and a few giant screws?


Luke, Nancy's 2 year-old took a little longer to warm up. I love this photo of her begging him to come in.
This photo shows the entire 5 minutes at once!
Leave it to the siblings to get the job done when the parents can't be convincing enough...
Elizabeth and Luke on the monster slide

Nancy predicted the warm-up time would take about 30 min - she had it pegged to the minute!
Nancy jumped in too, because that's the kind of mom she is... the one that gets in the pool too- even when it's a little chilly - she's not the one on the side drinking diet bottled water watching the fun... she makes the fun... I want to be like her when I grow up :)


Slide sandwich!
I tried to go in the small one, but I was a little unstable, you know, pregnant belly and all... I took pictures, cuddled babies that needed a break, and lassoed Beckham back to the picnic table every time he tried to take his lunch to the top of the slide...
Me and Molly Street - Nancy's middle child
Oh, and taught Beckham a little Ms. Pac-man so he can learn the important things in life...
If I was the coolest wife in the world with a few grand to toss out,
I would buy Brad one of these for a present
Needless to say, there was more than one nap that afternoon :)

No comments: