Monday, February 20, 2012

The dish of the moment.

I was listening to my morning dose of KLOVE today, and the dj commented about seeing something in a restaurant that caught her eye. The specials du jour weren't really du jour. They were the "specials of the moment." She asked the chef about it, and the chef said that she doesn't really like to commit to more than that. She likes to change things up, and she doesn't want to be locked in to a weekly special menu. She's into the moment. The point was that the dj began to think about what it really means to live in the moment, and really learn to appreciate the moments in each day. Stop worrying about all of the days to come and appreciate the moments of now. I've been thinking about this lately, and writing and reflecting has let me really soak up some fully loaded moments...


However, not all of the moments lately have been hearts, flowers, and puppies. Note to self: 1 parent, a 5 year-old, a 2 year-old, a pregnancy, and a loaded to the gills Chuck-E-Cheese do not make an abundance of pleasant moments... for the parent, at least. The kids thought it was a whirlwind of fun. I was wishing for some sort of second trimester cocktail... 


Mostly because Chuck E Cheese is a melting pot of different parenting styles. Those who walk around and monitor their kids, and those who park in a seat and let the other parents referee the seated parents' wild animals who repeatedly try to break in line and steal my 2 year old's coins. I don't love being in that pot. It stresses me out, and I begin to wish we had gone to the park... or stayed home. Chuck E Cheese is way better on days when school is  in.


But kids love special no-school days with something out-of-the-ordinary, and I really had the urge to deliver. I took a few shots when I could... I think they really enjoyed themselves.


Jane Bradley in the monster truck...
B decided he was terrified of all of the trucks and cars for some reason?
I attribute most of that due to how crowded it was.

Beckham parked himself at this game. He seemed to think the point was to
just keep adding coins. He bought so many games that I had to stand there
and punch the button when he was done so he could get his tickets...

This ride was out of order, but B didn't care! 
This is what you get when you ask your child to giggle
for too many photos...


So those are the highlights of the day, and now I need to go to bed.

No comments: