Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines Lovers and Haters

I am a full-on, unashamed lover of Valentines Day. Not to mention every other minor holiday in my calendar... The random-nonbank-holidays are real treats in the middle of all the other white box squares on my calendar. It's like drawing this square in a game of Candyland...


I think I love celebrating it because my mom always celebrated it. Every morning was usually the same growing up... get dressed, come down for breakfast, out the door. Except for the minor holidays when she shook it up. Valentines day came with heart-shaped muffins, valentines surprises, a sweet card, and treat in our lunch bags. 


It didn't start out as a big game of the Sneetches...


Valentines Day was good for everyone... no romance required, but welcome. I've heard a lot of perspectives lately - "It's really just an overpriced, Hallmark holiday..." or "Valentines is really Singles-Awareness day..." 


I say soak it up! I love a day to be lovey and cheesy and happy and mushy to my husband, my kids, and all of my other favorite people.


Speaking of my favorite people... Here's a few fun ones I caught this weekend:
I love the pointed toe - What am I in for?

I love some sweet after-nap love... Dear Time, can you please stand still?

Jane Bradley teaches school to her baby dolls... and Beckham - who got a hold of the glue...

I don't remember what he was reaching for, but I love that face!
So stay tuned for the mush of tomorrow to follow. You have been warned :)

No comments: